Friday, March 27, 2009

A bit of insight. . .


"God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you need to help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be."


Ok - maybe this isn't really insight but I must admit it made me think. I am sure that I have seen this little quote / saying before and I'm not really sure why today, of all days, it really hit home. It's not that any one person comes to mind; it's not that anyone has helped me , hurt me. left me or loved me any more today than any other day. But today, it hit home. I am a firm believer that everyone you meet impacts you somehow. Yep, everyone. I think about the grouchy lady on the phone who I talked to yesterday who reminded me that how I speak to someone can make them feel better or worse. I think about the friendly cashier at the grocery store who smiled and laughed with me while I was standing in line and spending way too much money who reminded me that a smile is contagious. I think about that sweet little guy this morning at school (who only comes up to my waist because he's only 5) put his arms around me and said "Mrs. Brown, this hug sure does make me happy!" who reminded me that even the smallest of acts can mean the most. I think about lots of people. And as I think about each one I think about how wonderful my God is and how He himself picked out long ago who I would encounter each day. God doesn't waste his time or mine. If He puts them in my path then I know they are placed there for a reason. So on this very rainy Friday night,
I am simply reminded . . .

No comments: